Friday, May 8, 2015

AP Exams

aka the death of a student's social life

    Hey guys! So just recently I participated in my very first AP exam. Let me just be straight forward: it was awful. I spent countless hours reviewing and cramming information into my brain and then used a mere fraction of that knowledge to complete a 4 hour long standardized test.
    Though this is a grueling process, it does have some benefits if you study hard enough and make an effort. If you score above a certain grade you can potentially exempt out of some required courses your freshman year of college. So the big question is, is it all worth it?
    In my opinion, AP classes are definitely worth the stress. Not only am I challenging my mind, but I am preparing myself for college course-loads. Even though there is a huge exam at the end of the year and a ton of social events I missed out on to study, I think that my AP classes are preparing me to get serious in college and to get my work done on time. Though there is a lot of stress involved in pushing yourself to the AP level, it is worth every minute. So don't shy away from an AP class. If you are considering taking one, go for it! It will 100% help you in college. pinky promise.

Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment